Cook Setup opens at 8 am . Chili must be at required temperature ready to serve, by 10:30am. Chili needs to be served from 10:30am to 1pm. Cook chefs are only allowed the allotted gallons of chili to serve and may not be supplied additionally once they run out.
Please send a jpeg of your restaurant or organization logo and the URL to your website to email@example.com so we can add those to the Cook-off website.
Chili must be cooked in a commercially licensed kitchen, OR at the event, following conditions and guidelines of the Santa Cruz County Health Department. Chili must be retained at the proper temperature (bring your own thermometer). You must bring your own generator for power (if not using an alternate source of heating such as propane).
IMPORTANT: Chili Cooks must comply with, and be properly permitted by, the Santa Cruz County Health Department.
Download the Temporary Food Permit Application PDF:
Temporary Food Permit Application
- Fill out the Temporary Food Permit Application.
- Sign and Scan the application.
- Email the application to Tony Bruno, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or hand-deliver it to Tony at the Amado Youth Center office in The UU Congregation building at 15 South County Line Rd, Amado 85645.
Please call ahead to assure someone is there to receive your application.
- Questions? Call Tony 520-255-4067